Why choose the best Arduio robot kits? For a beginner, the thought of choosing a microcontroller or a physical programmable circuit board may not have crossed the mind. But when it comes to the actual assembly of robot kits, the platform to be used actually counts a lot. Arduino is hailed for its ready-to-use design, readability, effortless functions and easy-to-understand coding system. Add to that a vast community of hobbyists, engineers and professionals as users — and you have one roaring source of information when trying to learn more about robotics.
With this in mind, it is only fitting to start off with a robot kit that’s anchored to Arduino and this list is just for you.
Penguin Bot Arduino Biped Robot Kit
- 【Projects based on Arduino】ELEGOO penguin bot is developed based on Arduino...
When it comes to beginner Arduino robotic project, the Penguin Bot Arduino Biped Robot Kit from ELEGOO is an excellent choice for introducing electronics and programming. Simple yet interesting and widely stimulating to learn more about STEM and robotics, the Penguin Bot can be easily assembled and programmed via a uniquely designed controller board which, by the way, includes a TF card for music downloads. Using a detailed manual or online video tutorial, one can program the robot to sing, dance, auto-follow or avoid obstacles via an IR remote. The kits comes with the ff:
- Controller board
- Ultrasonic sensor
- Battery box
- Cables bag
- IR remote
- Speakers (2)
- Servos (4)
- Acrylic plates bag
- Foot sticky pad (2)
- Screws (9) and nuts (with bag)
It also comes with a CD and user manual for ease of assembly. Also, for creativity, the kit comes with 6 head masks which one can design and then, custom-fit to the robot.
Steam Robo-Arm Kit
- Double-layered, jagged-edged and pointed grippers – to firmly grip and hold objects
- 4 servos to control four joints allowing movement along 4 axes
- MCU Arduino UNO, servo expansion board and remote control board to control, move and...
- Compact, lightweight and fun to assemble
- Learn about mechanical engineering, automation, electronics, robotics coding and...
Want to learn more about robotic arms? The Hamilton Buhl – Steam Robo-Arm Kit for Arduino is loaded with learning and fun! The 4-axis robotic arm project combines various aspects including electronics, robotics, automation, and programming designed specifically for children 13 years and older. Compact and lightweight and easy to assemble, programming it using Ardunio and Rollarm even with a Windows PC is quite effortless. When done, the robo-arm can carry up to 100 movements. The kit comes with:
- Double-layered, jagged edged, pointed grippers
- 4 servos
- MCU Arduino UNO
- Servo expansion board
- Remote control board
- Potentiometers (4)
The kit also comes with an instructional video on how to built it for the first time as well as other tips.
- Perfect for beginners learning robotics, electronics and Arduino programming. A head...
- This robotics kit can be transformed into 11 different types of robots;...
- The Rokit Smart is the chosen kit of Robolink, a California-based Robotics Learning...
- Easy wiring, no soldering required. We've the designed the kit to be simple and safe...
- Batteries are not included for safety reasons, however we do include an instruction...
Another beginner-friendly robotic kit on Arduino is the Robolink Rokit Smart. Its best feature– can be transformed to 11 different types of robots! From rubber band gun bot to interactive game bot, line-following bot, edge-detection, bot, and many more. With easy wiring and no soldering required, built on user-friendly Arduino platform, it’s no wonder many schools in the US leaned on the Robolink when introducing home-school robotics curriculum. The kit comes with:
- Smart inventor board
- DC motors (2)
- Wheels (2)
- Base boards (4)
- Horn brackets (2)
- Metal frames
- Screw driver
- Nut driver
- Nut & bolts
Instruction manual and tutorial videos are also included to the kit.
UNIROI Smart Robot Car Kit
- 【Upgraded Robot Car Kit】Free detailed tutorial with schematic diagram and source...
- 【Easy to assemble】Upgraded chassis is designed with directly charging interface...
- 【Extended Pin Interface】The chassis is also designed with extended pin interface...
- 【3 Functions and 2 Control Modes】Ultrasonic obstacle avoidance function, infrared...
- 【4 Wheel Drive】4WD design supply enough driving force. Adopts high quality wheel...
For someone who loves cars, making their own can be truly gratifying. This makes the UNIROI Smart Robot Car Kit perfect for them. The upgraded robot car kit is quite fantastic for beginners with its easy to assemble chassis equipped with directly charging interface and needed sockets for sensors. Add to that the extended pin interface (Arduino UNO) and you have one plug-and-play robotic car kit with reduced error in connecting wires and such. The finished robot is built with durability in mind with its 4WD and premium quality wheels with inner tube– all complemented with 3 functions which can be controlled in 2 modes: RC or app-enabled. The kit comes complete with:
- Arduino UNO Controller Board
- Ultrasonic Module
- Reduction motors (4)
- Infrared Remote Controller
- Infrared Tracking Module (2)
- Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Module (2)
- Robot Car Chassis
- L298N Motor Driver Module
- Wheel (4)
- 8.4V Charger
- Battery Box
- 3.7V Battery (2)
- USB Data Cable
- 3 Pin DuPont Wire 2.5cm (2)
- 2.0 Leadwire 50mm (2)
- 2.5 Leadwire 50mm
- Cross Screwdriver
- Small Cross Screwdriver
- 25mm Copper Pillar (4)
- 10mm Copper Pillar (4)
- M3*6 Screw (20)
- M3*25 Screw (8)
- M3*6 Countersunk Screw (2)
- M3 Nut (12)
- CD with Code
- Plastic Storage Box
A manual is also included to the kit.
Freenove Hexapod Robot Kit
- This is a robot that can crawl and twist like a creature. Overview video ->...
- Provide detailed step-by-step assembly tutorial and complete code. Download link ->...
- Can be controlled wirelessly by remote control (contained in this kit), computers and...
- Provide code library for you to reprogram the robot and free ports to connect other...
- Contains all the parts needed to assemble the robot. (Batteries and charger are...
Last but definitely not the least, the Freenove Hexapod Robot Kit is another excellent kit to stimulate beginners’ interest in robotics. Based on open-source Arduino platform, it features easy play, easy reprogram and easy expansion suited for one who wants to learn more about robotics and programming. Connecting sensors and modules to power and signal ports on the control board is fuss-free. Then, add codes from library file provided and voila! One can have a hexapod which can be controlled using an RC, computer or via an app. Check it out other features HERE. The kit comes with:
- 1 set x Acrylic Parts (18 pieces)
- 1 set x Mechanical Parts (8 kinds)
- 1 x Calibration Graph
- 1 x Freenove Crawling Robot Controller
- 1 x ESP8266 WiFi Module
- 1 x USB Cable
- 18 x EMAX ES08AII Servo
- 75cm x Cable Tidy
- 1 x Cross Screwdriver
- 1 set x Acrylic Parts (5 pieces)
- 1 set x Machinery Parts (3 kinds)
- 1x Freenove UNO
- 1 x Freenove Smart Car Remote Shield
- 1 x 9V Battery Holder
- 2 x NRF24L01 Module
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Cross Screwdriver
- 1 x Multifunctional Spanner
There are hundreds of robotic kits out there but this selection of the best Arduino robot kits are just too awesome to pass. It is also important to note that open-source Arduino provides complete code and detailed tutorial as well as technical support making the whole project truly easy and convenient for beginners.